Last Monday June 7 21. Apple previewed their new iOS 15, the company’s next major update for the iPhone, featuring new video calling capabilities, improvements to Messages, user statuses, a smart notification summary, and more. But in this short article we would like to talk about their update on FaceTime.
FaceTime is coming to Android and Windows via the web.
One of the major announcement is Android and Windows users will finally be able to join FaceTime calls. During its WWDC keynote, Apple announced that FaceTime is going to be available on the web so users can call in from other device or platform like Android and Windows, which previously only available on iOS and Mac devices.
FaceTime becomes a Zoom alternative with this update. FaceTime is also going to allow you to grab a link to a scheduled call so that you can share it with people in advance and join in at the right time.
iOS 15, FaceTime will receive Spatial audio & Portrait mode.
With Spatial Audio on FaceTime, Apple says it creates a “sound field that helps conversations flow as easily as they do face to face”. This feature is only available on iPhones with the A12 Bionic or later which is iPhone XR/XS or later.
Also for newer iPhones, another feature is Portrait mode in calls. With this on, you can blur your background and put the focus on yourself. It works exactly as it does on the Camera app.
SharePlay is a new experience coming to FaceTime with iOS 15
While it still not working in beta 1 of iOS 15, SharePlay will let users watch TV shows, listen to songs, and more together. The feature consist of:
- Watch together: Bring TV shows and movies to your FaceTime call
- Listen together: Share music with friends
- Shared music queue: When listening together, anyone in the call can add songs to the shared queue
- Share your screen: Bring web pages, app, and more into your conversation
- Synced playback: Pause, rewind, fast-forward, or jump to a different scene while in perfect sync with everyone else
- Smart volume: Dynamically responsive volume controls automatically adjust audio so you can hear your friends even during a loud scene or climactic chorus
- Multiple device support: Connect over FaceTime on the iPhone while watching video on the Apple TV or listening to music on the HomePod
- Connect through audio, video, and text: Access the group’s Message thread right from the FaceTime controls and choose the mode of communication that matches the moment
Camera not working to Face Time? Don’t worry we can fix it!
Have phone issues like screen crack? Motherboard issue? Battery drain? Or don’t even know what is wrong with it? Don’t worry, we provide FREE diagnosis. Feel FREE to contact us at : +6018-394 4559. Or visit our shop at Kepong Kuala Lumpur , Uptown Damansara Petaling Jaya, Sri Petaling. Setapak & Ampang We can help diagnose your phone for FREE!.